Come together - right now!
We are in a new golden age of music movies and we're loving it! To celebrate the upcoming flick Yesterday, we're creating our own chorus of Beatles to pay tribute to the greatest group of Liverpudlians ever assembled.
Over two week nights, we will form a choir and condense a lifetime of iconic music into our own beautiful medley of music. Darina Chakarova will be our own Sgt Pepper, taking her extensive experience with glee and choral groups to direct us with LOVE! Together, she will help you find your inner singer and let them out for the world to see!
You will also get the chance to go wild and perform the results with accompanying musicians at the end of the second session!
Spaces are limited, and there is no experience necessary! Bring your enthusiasm, bring a friend and come join the fun!
WHERE: Upstairs at 288 Auburn Road, Hawthorn 3122
WHEN: 2 July & 9 July
TIME: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
INVESTMENT:$99 (4 hours, over two weeks!)
BRING: water bottle
WEAR: comfy clothes
WHAT WILL I GAIN:
- Introduction to group singing - including finding your vocal range (bass, tenor, alto, soprano), learning to hear and remember different parts, memory recall, singing with others, pitching, volume and rhythm
- Introduction to vocal care - warming up, cooling down, learning breathing and body techniques to improve your sound and sing more comfortably
- Access to an accredited choral teacher with extensive experience teaching singers of all ages, ranges, styles and abilities
- A warm, encouraging environment to freely experiment and express yourself musically
- The opportunity to sing with like-minded fans, and perform with a live band.